July 15th, 2017 – And We’re Off!
- Starting with the _s (or Underscores) base theme
- Skipped using a framework because this design has a lot of customization, so setting up the general Sass styling
July 16th, 2017 – Going Back to Go Forwards
- Decided to build the home page in HTML first because its easier to get things working together
July 17th, 2017 – Moving Forward Again
- HTML template works great for the home page, time to go back to WordPress
- Created custom content types, menus, and other functions.php contents that I know I need now
July 18th, 2017 – And We’re Off!
- Home page is set! Moving to setting up other pages and posts
July 19th, 2017 – Searching…
- Today I started working on the search pages and functionality for my theme
July 20th, 2017 – Found!
- More work done to search. Added Typed JS for some cool design work, jQuery for design of category searches, and search result styling.
- Added multiple featured image options for posts
- Created and implemented a shortcode, more to shortcodes to come!
July 20th, 2017
- Worked on adding shortcodes to the TinyMCE editor
- Built a custom post type template
- Learned how to use custom fields in a post
July 23-24th, 2017
- Moved from local development to a hosted service. Theme can be seen here.
- Created the category page template, which essentially is the same as the home page with a few tweaks